Numbing cream need to be used methodically. You can either visit a doctor and consult him otherwise here are some of the basic things that you need to keep in mind before applying Numbing creams in this article.
- Always read the label of the cream.
- Consult your doctor on when and how to apply the Numbing cream. Some might suggest applying it many hours before the surgery as it will minimize the pain.
- The doctor or the label will guide you on the amount of cream that you need to apply to your skin. Too much cream can irritate and too little might not be enough to soothe the pain.
- Use as little as possible that will be just enough to soothe the pain.
- Do not use it on a large patch of skin. There are alternate methods to minimize pain for a larger portion of the skin. Numbing cream is best for a small area.
- Do not apply the cream on sensitive parts of the body like private areas, lips, ears, etc.
- Do not expose your skin to any temperature change after the Numbing cream has been used.
- Do not cover the skin, bandage it, wrap it in plastic. Leave the skin open.
- In case you have to cover the skin exposed to Numbing cream then you must consult with your doctor. Covering is not a good idea.
- Never apply it on open wounds that bleed.
- Be very careful when using Numbing cream on children. The quantity and the dose of the cream depending on the weight of the child. Ask a doctor about the quantity.
- Never allow children to play with the cream. They can ingest it and it can be lethal.
- Do not store the cream in any extreme temperature areas. Store it at room temperature always.
The ingredients Lidocaine and Prilocaine can easily cause harm if overdosed. It can lead to extreme side effects. Therefore, you need to ask experts about the ingredients in your Numbing cream and what quantity you should use. When you apply something to your skin it starts to absorb. If you apply something too much or too frequently then side effects can arise. These can be:
- Slow breathing
- Uneven heart rate
- Respiratory failure
Use as little as you can to numb the patch. Using too much without paying attention or being careless can be dangerous. These creams are available in the market and on many websites. You can check out Numbing Cream Company. They also offer a wide range of creams that work effectively. The warnings and usage method are given on their site. Many studies conducted by FDA have shown the adverse effects of Lidocaine when given to children under the age of 3 years for mouth pain. Medicines that are applied orally are equally potent to cause harm to the body. Therefore, it is better to consult a doctor each time you apply any kind of oral medicine.